Saturday, July 02, 2005

Changing times

Sandra, Sandra, Sandra,

Why did you do it? Why now? I feel abandonned and also I fear the results of this change on the supreme court. Not only are we losing a female, but also a moderate who often, not always, brought some reason and balance in the Supreme court. Contact your representatives and other persons of power to let them know that balance is still needed in this country.

On another note, I saw today a bit of news that is most amusing. As you know this week Canada passed legislation in favor of same sex unions, and Spain also did so amidst quite a bit of protest. In addition, Spain also passed a law that requires husbands to do half of the housework and caring for children or elders. Track records will be kept and help in determining financial settlements and custody in divorce cases. You got to like that! Maybe when I figure out how to put links in I can add that one!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spain is a very progressive country I know I was born there

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home