Saturday, July 30, 2005

Still hanging

Went to a great party for a friend's birthday tonight. Still drifting in and out of reality, feeling like I want to be somewhere else most of the time. I found out that my brother as been moonligthing on tv in canada. That sounds like fun, but I wonder what kind of roles he is getting. He used to act when we were teens and even had his own theater as a young adult and was fairly successful. I am glad that at sixty, he is discovering new arenas of his life. Sorta gives me hope that I can still rearrange my life no matter what age I get to be!

I had my yearly evaluation this Friday and asked my boss for an extra day off. Blamed it on my health, which is true the stress increases my symptoms of asthma. I am hoping to go to 4 days in September. A friend is also recommending I start teaching at local colleges. She has some connections and said she would advocate for me. That sounds exiting to me and different. Even if I have less caseloads, child welfare is still quite stressful and intensive and I am reaching my point of no return. I hope that good things are in store for me.

I am exited as I am going to a promising show tomorrow night Issa Bagayogo, right here in my town. My good friend the spin doctor is producing the show. He has brought some great acts to our area. I think it will be great. Another friend who is a percussionist will be the opening act. Should be great. I need some fun things where I forget myself as I am still reeling from my recent travel and only reluctantly do I enjoy what I usually enjoy. AHH fickle heart of mine, always looking for the greener grass in the neighboring pastures.

2 Comments:

Blogger HistoryGeek said...

Coming back from vacations suck! I always feel down, especially when it's somewhere exciting.

I think great things are in store for you with your work...teaching sounds awesome. I really admire what you have been doing. I would have been burnt about 6 months in.

10:09 AM  
Blogger P'tit-Loup said...

No Kidding, I think the only thing that keeps me going is the great team that we have in the agency, not including the management which more and more wants to micromanage our personal lives!

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home