Monday, August 01, 2005

Great show

I just saw Issa Bagayogo, a musician from Mali and he was wonderful. I dance until I was drenched in sweat! He will be at Yoshi on Tuesday for those who live in the Bay Area. That is a show not to miss. All of my little town was there and they very much enjoyed the show. My friend the Spin Doctor did a great job of setting up the show and bringing this great performer to our town. He brings exceptional music to our neck of the woods about once a month and I am sure to be there everytime.

A long time acquaintance was there too and it is funny to see the folks motivation for dancing. Some are very transparent in how they seem to want to attract a certain response, other just dance for the shear enjoyment of the dance and music. I love people watching and a good dance session is no exception. Of course there is this other friend who is the most guarded person I have ever met, he did not venture a dance despite the very inspiring music. Oh well to each is own. I enjoyed myself immesely and was in great need of a release of energy. I'll see how I do at work tomorrow though!

1 Comments:

Blogger HistoryGeek said...

You know how I love to dance...but for me dancing can be so intensely personal that it's hard to do so in public.

Too bad I see clients on Tuesday or I'd try to get to the show.

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home