Monday, July 23, 2007

I did it!


I have to admit, I'm pretty proud of myself. I completed my first triathlon yesterday. I say my first, because now that I did one, I want to do more. I had a better time than I expected at 2:28:31. I thought I would take three hours. The wind was helpful on the bike ride pushing us in on the return trip and not too hard on the first leg. I mostly walked rather than ran, but still did run some. What can I say, a runner I am not. The swim was great but tough because I hurt myself on Friday at my last training swim . . . getting out of the pool! I bruised my left rib so breathing throughout the event was painful, particularly when swiming. But I did it. It was great! Now I want to do another one as soon as my rib heals!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! But at the same time that makes me feel old :-( Last time I ran was after the last tram and I could miraculously reach it.
Good performance, keep up!

10:46 AM  
Blogger P'tit-Loup said...

Don't feel old! I'm 51 and it's the first time I do anything like that! It was really fun.

10:19 PM  
Blogger Karla said...

That's quite impressive! (I'm not sure I'll be doing triathlons when I'm 51 but you never know, I started skiing at 40.)

10:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations amiga! I am so very impressed by and proud of you, what a wonderful accomplishment :)

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home