Monday, March 26, 2007

"Y'a la nature qu'est toute en fleur"


Actually, I just found out that the real lyric is Sueur, rather than fleur, but I like fleur better and it serves my post better. I do my fair share of driving, that's what we do here in california, drive, from one place to the next. Anyways, while I drive to client's home, to the office, to the college, or just for fun, I have noticed that the fields here in my neck of the woods are filled with wildflowers. Yes, spring is here! First, the bright yellow mustard flowers appeared all at once, glorious like the sun, vibrant. Now lupines are following, and I even saw some queen anne's lace today. They are coloring the green fields, soon to be brown, with some welcome touch of watercolor. Even if today was a very gray day here. We even had a misty rain, which I'm sure the little flowers appreciated!

On saturday I went to this "sex party" the revealing of a baby's sex for my friend the Bombshell. It was very fun and we finished with fireworks on the beach. This beach is very wierd to me as cars can drive up and down it. I had never been there. Also, fireworks are allowed! This is unheard of in CA. The baby's dad, Dolphin, is african-american and had the bag with all the fireworks. At one point a beach patrol truck drove near our group, and since we were not absolutely sure that the fireworks were legal, we waited for the truck to move farther away to resume our merryment. Dolphin said "That's right, the black guy is the one with the fireworks in the group I can see where that one's going if the patrol stops here!" We all laughed. This area is very "white bread" unfortunately, and he does get noticed, plus he is quite handsome! He gets noticed for that too.









Here are some pics of our adventure. We also had colored sparklers and since the baby is now identified as a girl, the pink sparklers were the most popular with the group. The dried up shark was in the restaurant above our table, not the most apetizing thing to put in a restaurant!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello there, i have checked my google analytics to find out my czech blog is linked on your site... and i just wonder, you speak czech? you found me through calypsospots? i just wonder, since i at least know this blog, though i wonder where i might have been mentioned there... :) really strange to me, i must admit! anyway, please let me know, i'm really interested...
regards,
Adam

4:33 AM  
Blogger P'tit-Loup said...

I did find your blog through calypsospot, a se ucim czech, ale ne mluvim moc! I want to learn more and hope to do so by reading some of your blog.

pozdrav

11:37 AM  
Blogger HistoryGeek said...

Hey there! The sparklers look fun.

10:06 AM  
Blogger P'tit-Loup said...

They were very fun!

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i see... well, hope it might help. having my fingers crossed for your effort, i know it's not easy at all to learn czech (or generally any slavic language). check here for my mail, if you'd like to have a chat through gmail, it's not a problem usually :)

3:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home