Saturday, January 06, 2007

Tag you are it!

I have been tagged by the lovely Karla.

The tag goes as follow:
Find the nearest book.
Turn to page 123.
Go to the fifth sentence on the page.
Copy out the next three sentences and post to your blog.
Name the book and the author, and tag three more folks.

Manana te espero a la misma hora, no se te ocurra dejarme plantado, y no digas ni una sola palabra de esto a nadie. Si tu abuelo lo sabe, me mata, me advirtio al despedirse. Pero al dia siguiente el no acudio a la cita. (Paula, Isabel Allende)

Finding a book next to the computer was somewhat difficult. The closest was my Czech/English dictionary, which does not contain any sentences! The next book was the text for the women studies class I will teach starting later in the month, and page 123 was a photograph. So then I turned to the nearest bookcase, the first shelf of which has also some dictionaries, and this novel in Spanish that I bought a few years back but have not read yet. I found that I could understand the whole passage! Yeah!

Now I will tag Spin, HC, and I guess Lord Bargain, since the mystic seems to have dissapeared again :(.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

will you please translate?

6:14 PM  
Blogger P'tit-Loup said...

Tomorrow I will wait for you (expect you) at the same time (hour), don't think of not showing up (leaving me planted), and don't tell one word of this to anyone. If your grandfather knows of it, he will kill me, he warned me when he left. But the next day he did not show up for the appointment.

10:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks amiga! :)

8:59 AM  
Blogger HistoryGeek said...

I'll have to do this at home because I don't think that I really want pg 123 of the DSM.

9:46 AM  
Blogger Karla said...

I've read Paula in translation but I can't say I followed enough of the Spanish, alas.

And now, why not a page of the DSM? Some of those diagnoses are pretty wild.

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home