Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Domesticated

At the risk of seeming domesticated, I will now attempt to post pictures of the new kitchen. I say attempt as blogger has not been so friendly lately. You can first refresh your memory of what the old kitchen looked like, complete with pink sink.









The new kitchen looks something like this:


I know, I know, it's the other side, but you get the idea. The Hubby put an aweful lot of work in there, but we are quite please with the result. I just really hated the greenish cupboard and the grey and pink tiles. So we destroyed the tiles and sanded the cupboards, and worked, and worked, (mostly, he worked and worked while I was at my two jobs) until it looked like this. And we are pretty happy with it. Even with our arms and legs missing! (reference to the cost of the adventure) I know, this domesticity is sorta wierd for me. I'm not much the house sort, and it is a surprize to me to find myself in this spot, where I own a house, (well mostly, the bank does) and I am a "responsible" adult. What is the world coming to? We do have room for visitors, though. Hint hint. And Mystic, you could actually use your baseball bat on something else than a computer down here. The big drawback in my mind is that there goes the traveling budget. And I do love to travel. So I will have to find a way to squirrel some tokens away so that I do not become too house bound. I would find that as tragic. The world is too big and too magnificent to not experience more of it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Karla said...

It looks very handsome!

12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so beautiful! Can't wait to take a roadtrip down there, hopefully soon after the new year :)

10:50 PM  
Blogger P'tit-Loup said...

Thanks guys. You are always welcome HC and Karla, whenever you come this side of the Atlantic. I would have love to come up and meet you, but It was a crazy time for me when you were here.

11:19 PM  
Blogger HistoryGeek said...

I've been neglecting to read your blog disgracefully! The kitchen looks fabulous. I'll have to see if I can finagle some time in the near future to make a visit, definitely.

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home