Sunday, August 27, 2006

Pooped

This is the last post I will write from our old house. I'm feeling somewhat nostalgic. We have lived here for 15 years! That is the longest I have lived anywhere. I looked at the Kid's room and remember all the different stages of her life here. She was nine when we moved in. Had her first room, put glowing stars all over the ceiling and walls, and later in high school she painted it with blue and silver stars and last year, neon green. We will not raise kids in our new home. It sort of feel wierd, as much as I have wanted to get out of this old rental, now I am a little sad and uncomfortable with the move. Today as I was frantically cleaning the old house I found the side of the door where we charted the Kid's growth. Starting at 4'5"! Not that she is very tall now, but that was when she was about ten. I think of all the times she practice violin in here, and the nights I waited for her when she was dating this stupid jock.

Also, it is so wierd that I cleaned the place the most today as I am leaving of all the years that I have lived here. Why do we do this. I kept thinking that we are quite the pigs as I found the biggest dust bunnies ever, some clingning to the walls for dear live it seemed. Anyways, the job is now done. My good friend, Artist's child will come and clean the carpets tomorrow. I was so touched that she offered to do it for us. That did save me loads of time. I should also wash the windows, but I did run out of time. Or I should have started at nine this morning rather than noon. Oh well, I did need some rest. I have been working on moving since Thursday from noon till about 2 Am each day. I am quite tired, but I wanted to do one last blog from this house which even empty (except for the aquarium, the computer, some cleaning supplies, and tons of trash!) still feels more like home than the new house. I know I will love it once things get settled. I will miss the neighbors too, even though they are only 1/2 block away. We will have to invite them over and maintain the friendship.

The Kid is doing good and getting ready to start her classes. She will have a lot of work, but I know she can do it. I do miss her, but she called and we talked for a long time on Friday and Saturday. She is such a great one!

Well sign off from the old funky house where we have 15 years of good and bad memories. I will see what the new one bring. I think maybe I feared that this will be the last house I move into. After all at 50, I know I wont be around for another 30 years. Or not likely to be, so it is a bit chilling to think about that. But maybe not. Maybe we will be able to move again. If so, we need to trim down our possessions! This was way hard to move all of the shit we have accumulated over the last 15 years!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, good luck in you new home mon amie! :)

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home