Monday, July 03, 2006

Not big on writing

Wow, I'm sure not big on writing these days. I have been rather exhausted despite the exitement at getting a new house and planning for the move. Work has been very challenging and we continue to be swamped. I have to replace one of the new folks who was just finally starting to "get" it. That is a true bummer. Now I have to start from square one. The other woman is still needing a lot of help, and now we all will have to take the families the woman who is leaving will leave behind. She is going to another program in the agency.

We had a great party on Saturday for our debrief from the music festival, people brought food and libations and some of us enjoyed themselves a little too much. Overall, I think folks had a good time. We took a small walk to the house to be, which is literally right around the corner and that was fun to show it off. Now we have to plan what we are going to do and what changes we will make to it. There is quite a bit of work, but I think it will be great. We have floors to refinish, a kitchen counter to redo, we need a new stove and dishwasher (I never lived in a house with one! Am I unamerican or what!) and of course some painting and gardening. All of that should be fun.

I feel uninspired and that I am writing some kind of drivel, but one cannot be amazing everyday. It is very foggy here and the stars are not being seen much. The sun peeks out during the day, but the fog returns at dusk and we have been known to call our town "Mordor Bay" after Tolkien.

Here is a shot of what a 9 year old, a 6 year old and a five year old do to a lovely Zen Garden, donated by no other than Spinsterwitch a few years ago, when there parents are busy enjoying themselves! Note the use of the drink decorations!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home