Monday, May 01, 2006

Internet Issues

Not only did I have a crazy week that kept me busy beyond belief, but also I had litterally no access to the internet all week-end. The system was slower than molasse and I could not check any blog or write or anything.

I also sent in an application for a part-time teaching position at the local Community College. That should be fun if I get one or two classes. That might allow me to go ahead and open my own practice and get some much sought after changes in my life to happen. But getting the application together, writing the cover letter, new resume, equivalency letter (they asked for any kind of degree but an MSW!), and then this silly letter that describe how I am suited to understand the diversity of students found in the college system. And then this long application, requiring my past 15 years of employment, that I filled online. Oof! It took a lot out of me. And then to rest this week-end, I had the pager! Which ran non-stop with all kind of situations all week-end long. I was so glad to pass that thing on!

So today I decided to not go to work in support of the protest, and because I worked so much over the week-end, and I am and immigrant. So there! I did feel slightly guilty though and took some calls as I knew others were out and did not want the clients to need help and not have support.

At home, Quebec, we always celebrated the "Jour du travaileur" (day of the worker). We did not get it off that I remember. Refresh my memory Mystic, did you get the day off? I saw several folks protesting with signs and flags as I went to a nearby town to get my oil changed. I know, I know, it is oximoronish, but will leave on wednesday for two trips, one up north, but not as far as the Bay Area, and one down south on Saturday, and I could not be car-less while I am on-call.

This week's trip is a seminar on integrating consumer in service delivery. It should be interesting. The week-end is a training for the upcoming seminar I do each year with high school cream of the crop kids. They balance some of what I see everday.

Spin you mention how you love Billy Holiday's voice, you should try to find music by Madeleine Peyroux. She is very similar in her phrasing and voice. I just discovered her and just love her. Anyone out there knows of her?

4 Comments:

Blogger HistoryGeek said...

I'll try to remember that artist. I really do need to make a list.

Sorry to hear about the busy weekend - and lack of internet access. Hang in there!

4:18 PM  
Blogger P'tit-Loup said...

Thanks, it's not dismal just tiring and annoying!

10:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sory P'tit, but I can not accept the excuses. You have to post more often.

You are now about to enter my red book. Yo have one x in red next to your name. I hope we don't have to make it two.

4:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the itch advice. Actually Zyrtec is my daytime non-drowsy pill that I take every morning before work. It usually works fine and lasts me till evening but not when the heat is on...this other stuff, Atarax, is actually stronger - I just need to take more of it and be sleepy - one problem is that the Zyrtec is more expensive but it's a good idea to ask my doc if I can take more of it anyway! love the nickname by the way :) and sorry you suffer too!!!

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home