Friday, March 03, 2006

Friends in High Places

We have had some strange weather out here in coastal central California. Today storms would it with a crazy force and then be done in 5-10 minutes and blue sky would come out. The sea is raging and I could see it break over the breakwater from the house (well from the street in front of the house.) Tonight, the sky is clear, it is cold and many constellations can be seen. I wonder if all or most of the northern hemisphere can see the same at this time of the year. Right now we have the Big Dipper, Orion, and so many more. The moon is on its side too like a boat. Very nice.

I can relate to Spin saying how she thinks of all these things to post and then forgets them by night time when she has time to do it. I am sorta the same way. Several time this week I had strikes of geniuses, but never made it to my page. One thing I have been thinking of putting on here is that I am curious to find out what goes on in other folks' head when they see some abandonned thing on the freeway. As I drove to work all week, I went by a shoe that must have fallen from someone's car. How did it get there? Is the owner missing it? Was it thrown there? What do folks in blogland think?

As for the friends in high places. Yesterday I worked very hard to catch us up in our documentation, an ongoing saga that is the most frustrating aspect of my job. Kids assaulting their parents and peers, no problems; parents not being able to set limits and undoing everything your whole team as worked on for six month by giving in to the kid after they have made some gains, I can handle it; but reading tons of notes documenting all we do: drives me nuts. Especially since we have to return half of them to the employees writing them for very stupid errors like not spell checking.

Anyway, after a gruelling day of frustration, I went to see Coco Montoya, a great blues guitar player. First, I walked in without paying, as the show was put on by my friend and co-worker the SpinDoctor, then I got a free beer, and just had a great time dancing to some first class music. I felt like Jake and Elwood would walk on stage at any time. The band had a guitar, played backwards (left hand with a right hand stringing, bass on the bottom!) a kick-ass bassman, a keyboard, and a drummer who did a 15 minute solo towards the end of the show. They were great. Several friends from work were there and folks from the Hubby radio station were there as well. It was lots of fun.

Part of the entertainment was this wierdo guy who was dancing, flailing all over the place. He was jumping and shaking and jiggling everything and looked bizarre the instant he came on the dance floor. But then, he decided that he took and interest in me (I always attrack the wierd ones). As we were dancing and enjoying the music, he came up to me and faked offered me a hit of a fake joint! As I declined, he tried to explain to me that it was not real (as if I was to obtuse to notice he had nothing in his hand). A little later, he came by again to ask me to dance; and as I was declining his offer, the young woman who was dancing with me, who went to school with the Kid, thougt maybe I would not know how to get rid of annoying men in bars (since I am just a little old lady who never went out, and also whenever we go out as a group from work we look out for each others). She comes closer to see if she can send the guy away. He then said (and I am not making this up) "Ooh, I get it. Do you know where I can find some heterosexual girls around here?" We laughed so hard, that was just too funny. Of course any woman who could resist him must be queer! Later the same guy was "humping" the column that is in the center of the room. He was quite entertaining. We all loved the music though, it made all the crazy work dissapear for a few hours.

Tomorrow I go to a tattoo fair in Paso Robles. Maybe I'll get my first tat!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello! Oh that is hilarious about the guy, i'm surprised his ego even fit in the door! :) Yeah yesterday we had some weird brief hailstorms and then it was blue and sunny. Tonight/tomorrow we're gearing up for big winds and rain - welcome back to the west indeed ;) I also often wonder about the origins about weird stuff on the roads, highways etc. Especially one's impulse to throw a pair of shoes over a power line or tree...

4:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I certainly hope you changed your mind about the tattoo.

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home