Monday, February 13, 2006

Fried Chicken

Here I am cooking a whole mess of Southern Fried Chicken on this fine Monday evening. No, this is not a customary fare for the P'tit Loup household, but tomorrow we do have a Pot Luck at work and the theme is Soul Food. So I looked online and found an easy recipe of fried chicken and I am elbow deep in frying oil. I hope folks like it.

I know I complain about where I work, but the monthly pot luck is sorta fun and most of the folks that I work with are quite nice. So here I am, frying up a storm.

I don't know about the rest of the world, but here in California, it is summer! Today we took a long walk on the beach, and tons of folks were having pic-nics and enjoying the balmy weather. The house was immensely hot all day and it was great to enjoy the ocean breeze. It is crazy to think that most of the east coast is covered in snow, while we are enjoying better weather than ever. Usually summers here are foggy and cold, so this is just wonderful to feel some heat. Some folks say that unseasonnal heat is a sign of earthquakes, but I'm not sure I believe that myth after 25 years of living here.

Here is a shot of the rising moon I took last night.











And a shot of my new purse I bought with the Kid at Urban Oufitter which just opened this week in our town. I love the purse because it will hold my files when I have to take them and has some nifty compartments for pens! I am a penaholic and must have great places to put all of my pens. So this was a find and pretty affordable too!

5 Comments:

Blogger LB said...

summer? Summer? blimey, it's bloody freezing here.

Hope your colleagues enjoyed your chicken!

12:37 PM  
Blogger HistoryGeek said...

Cool bag! Urban Outfitters, eh? In SLO or Morro Bay?

The weather has been amazing!

4:11 PM  
Blogger P'tit-Loup said...

Definitely in SLO, Morro Bay does not want any store interfering with the overpriced tourist fare!

7:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its always good to show of your new stuff.

8:01 PM  
Blogger Tarun said...

With rising bird flu no more chicken for me for a few days or else I will be a dead chicken.

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home