Thursday, January 19, 2006

"La vie est drolement faite, maluron-lurette"

One of the cds I brought back from my trip is that of "Mes Aieux" (which means my ancesters). It's a great group of actors turned musicians to make ends meet. Their song "Continuer Pareil" sounds particularly a propos today. Work continues to be insane as I have no down time between supervising the two new workers and all the rest of what I'm supposed to do. The big boss today also adds a task to my list, like there is time in my nearly 10 hours days to add anything! (I accidentally typed ass, hmm, very freudian!). My very close friend and co-worker is also going through her second miscarriage in 6 months or so, and the families we work with are just out of control. So yeah la vie est drolement faite!(Life is made funny). What I like about the song is that it ends on "if life is poorly made, we must change it." How social workish of me to go for the call to action!




Oh yeah, also the man who served as secretary for the last two years for my local social worker unit committed suicide this week-end, get ready, while he was supposed to be in a suicide watch at the local inpatient unit! Great! I feel so safe sending the kids I work with there now! Not an up week for me. Everyone at work feels overworked as a result of some folks leaving the agency and having no-one yet to replace them. This too shall pass.

Lucky I live in such a beautiful place that helps me refill the void.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry to hear about your friend.

I can't make out that thin in your photo near the bottom right hand corner.

6:18 AM  
Blogger P'tit-Loup said...

Do you mean the seagull? Other than that, it's only rocks, I think. I was mostly trying to get the waves crashing on the rocks, but them seagulls are always around. There is quite a lot of huge ground squirrels too! They are almost cat sized!

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home