Friday, December 02, 2005

Creativity

I always marvel at how creative folks are with their posts. I just pass on my thoughts and struggles, but to each his style.

Today was a crazy day at work. Lots of calls as since one worker left, I am covering for her and helping the new woman who is coming along little by little. So I am really covering 9 families. Our program is set for each social worker to cover a maximum of 6, so it is a little crazy in my world these days. Luckily, the other new hire will start on Monday. But I still have to train her and finish the other gal's training. Also I had the pager all week, which is always nuts. Just having it is nuts because you don't know when it will go off. I only had two calls but it puts me on edge and I don't like it.

Tonigh I went out with the Kid and her new girlfriend, a very sweet gal. We had a good time getting to know each other. She is a down home good soul kind of a person and I liked her right away. Of course the Kid still has to come out to the Hubby, which now she think she should not do. I keep trying to push her on it, but she feels that he is always so depressed and upset, it would just make things worse. I told her he is like that anyway. Those of you who know him will not recognize him from that description but that is how he is most of the time and sometimes I find it hard to live with. But that is the nature of relationships, they require a lot of work. No fairy tales for the humans.

We went to this nice restaurant as there was a fundraiser around the county for AIDS Support Network. Participating restaurants donated 10% of profits to the agency for the whole day. They do it every year and different places participate. I also wanted to see an exhibit of artwork created by Cal Poly students who went to Italy last summer, but we lingered at the restaurant and they were closed by the time we got there. Maybe I can go tomorrow.

I guess I should start the christmas gift thing, but I am not into it quite yet. I need to get the stuff to mail early enough to mail it so maybe I'll get that done soon. I always wish I planned better and would make most of my gifts, but when it gets too close, I don't have time. I'll see if I can get my creative juices flowing.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here is the song I associate with you P'tit I will give my reasons later on my blog.

When you're weary, feeling small,
When tears are in your eyes, I will dry them all;
I'm on your side, when times get rough
And friends just can't be found,
Like a bridge over troubled water
I will lay me down.
Like a bridge over troubled water
I will lay me down.
When you're down and out,
When you're on the street,
When evening falls so hard
I will comfort you.
I'll take your part when darkness comes,
And pains is all around,
Like a bridge over troubled water
I will lay me down.
Like a bridge over troubled water
I will lay me down.

Sail on silvergirl,
Sail on by.
Your time has come to shine.
All your dreams are on their way.
See how they shine.
If you need a friend
I'm sailing right behind.
Like a bridge over troubled water
I will ease your mind.
Like a bridge over troubled water
I will ease your mind.

8:16 AM  
Blogger P'tit-Loup said...

I love that song, an oldie but a good one, just like me!

11:54 AM  
Blogger HistoryGeek said...

Hey!

I'm posting my response to your question today here because I just posted another post, and I didn't know if you would go back to those comments...

So I went to statscounter.com and got myself a statscounter. They explain how to add the html tag to your site. It's pretty easy to do. Then you can log on and see who's visiting your site. I also learned how to block the IP addresses at the computers I most often use, so that my own visits don't count.

It's pretty fun!

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home