Thursday, November 24, 2005

Radmilla's meme

This one just was interesting to me, so I decided to go ahead and do it.

Name 3 people you absolutely miss right this moment that you haven't seen in some time.
1) My Brother
2) A friend I met this summer
3) The Travel Agent

Name 3 things you miss about home during the holidays (be it people, smells, foods, whatever).
The snow
Ogilvy's decorated Christmas window
Red and white fish candy (can't find them in the US)

Name 1 holiday memory that you have from childhood that you will never forget.
Opening my present of a panda bear, the first time I went to midnight mass at the age of 5. I still have a picture of my family from that year where I am clutching that bear.

Name at least 1 favorite book or movie that always reminds you of the holidays.Magoo's christmas, we watched it in french and just laughed, it is so funny.

Name your top 3 favorite holiday songs that get you in the mood to celebrate.A lot of religious songs, not because I am religious, but because of the memories associated to them: silent night, les anges dans nos campagnes, Bruce Coburn christmas cd and A very Special Christmas cd with various artists.

If you could go anywhere other than home for the holidays, where would you choose to go and who would you want to bring along? This year, since it has been a while, anywhere there is snow, so probably the nearest mountains (Kings Canyon or Yosemite), and I would take the family.

The Grinch or Rudolph?Definitely the grinch, he is so much more interesting and he has that cute dog too!

Formal holiday dinner or casual get-together food?
We always had salmon for christmas, since we lived in a landlocked area (Montreal) and it was special to my mom. I do that a lot or sometimes a goose or duck, and it is usually informal.

Name the best holiday gift you ever received and why.
A crystal pendent from the hubby, because I did not have to ask this specific piece, and he got it!

Describe the funniest holiday moment you've ever had.
Having a new year's party at my cousin's church because he was on-call and ending up singing show tunes in the church, while he played them on the organ.

Name a holiday memory that truly warmed your heart.
Several agencies I have worked for get presents for kids during this time of year and one year I delivered all of the present that had not been claimed and would not otherwise make it to the families they were collected for. One family had a slew of kids, all living in a trailer. They mostly spoke spanish, and the oldest brother, about 10, took charge of making sure the present would not be opened until parents returned home. The exitement in those kid's face was very heartwarming. Another teen girl, who had been in all kinds of trouble, just was so exited to get anything from our agency, and came to the car with a friend to pick up what had been collected. In that moment, she was just a young girl, wanting to be treated as such, and expresing her thanks for what she received. Those moments are precious to me because they highlight the human bond we all share.

Name your top 3 favorite TV specials that frequent the airwaves during the holiday season.
1) How the Grinch Stole Christmas
2) The Santa Clause
3) Jim Hanson's river otter special (I don't know the title as it has not been shown in a while)


Sledding, snowball fight, snow angels or building a snowman?
All of it, especially for just the holiday season! Just the smell of the snow is so great.

Eggnog, hot chocolate, or hot cider?
Hot cider

Candy canes or fruit cake?
Candy Canes

Favorite holiday cookie:
Just sugar cookies, with candied fruits on them. That is what my mom used to make. Now I make some with chocolate drizzle too, but I don't bake a lot for the holidays since then you have to eat it all!




Now it's yours turn if you are so inclined!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am addicted to sugar, that table looks fabulous.

12:47 PM  
Blogger P'tit-Loup said...

It was. It was a couple of christmas ago as last year we were on a plane to Fiji and crossed the dateline. The New Zealand Airline co did a great job of caring for us during the flight. In case you wonder, I did not bake any of those, but a friend who was hosting the dinner did.

2:35 PM  
Blogger HistoryGeek said...

Those cookies do look lovely. My mom and aunt go all out with the cookies every year.

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home