Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Great Party, and now I feel Ghetto!





It was so fantastic to have everyone at the house last Saturday. I felt truly spoiled to have so many folks show up, and some from so far away. As you can see from some of the pics, there were folks from all ages and all seemed to be having a good time. We ate, drank, listened to music, talked and laughed and it was wonderful. It just amazed me to see everyone there.

Now I feel truly "Ghetto" as I have a cooler full of beers leftover from the party sitting in my kitchen as I have no storage, and I have nowhere to put them until they get consumed! Humm, maybe I need another party? I am still recovering from the last one, though!

On Sunday we went to a party for a 6 year old who was very cute and funny. I got a book for her and as the group of kids were looking at it they would exclaim OOHs! and HAAs! at each pictures. It was a big hit; it is a book of the sargasso sea and has drawings of the sea life within the kelp. The artwork is amazing. Another gift that was a big hit was that of my friend the Tie-die Queen. She is a big yard sale buyer and she found for $30 a full therapy play house including all of the furnishing and a white family. It is a great find and the kids played with it right away for a while. I already put in the request that when the little birthday girl is done with it I would like to purchase it for my office! Those things are worth so much now. Unfortunately, I am not the patient one for yard sales, and when I go, I get stuff that I have nowhere to put and end up donating at goodwill or achievement house, a local non-profit that employs adults with disabilities.

Last night the Hubby and I went to see Wallace and Gromit, the curse of the Whererabbit. That was great fun. I loved the little bunnies throughout the film and laughed at all of the corny jokes. So finally today I have a little time to blog and catch you up with some of the latest. Works continue to be a struggle as one of my team members is looking to move on in a month and is now very negative and refusing to do some of the assigned work which just mean that it leaves more work for all the others. It saddens me that she is choosing to end her time with us in that manner, I really enjoyed having her as a co-worker, but now I am frustrated with how she is conducting herself. We also have a new client who has been hospitalized three times this week, and the hospital wanted to release her today, rather than planning for what needs to happen. It was very stressful as all agencies involved did not want to cooperate and were trying to shift the responsibility to each others. That job can be so stressful sometimes, the best thing that we have is that we can support each other well when these things happen.

5 Comments:

Blogger HistoryGeek said...

It was a fantastic party! I'm so glad that we were able to make it.

8:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear you - our recycle bin was totally full of cans and bottles - takes me back to my college-age, hard-partyin' days ;) So great to get to celebrate with you :)

PS. xtqjvhk - a tiny, little-known extra-terrestrial island off the coast of Iceland

1:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks like you have a nice family and friends. I am very happy to hear you all had such a good time. May every birthday be better than your last.

8:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It would be nice if you pointed out who's who in the pictures.

6:27 AM  
Blogger P'tit-Loup said...

Sure. The top one is me, my little friend the Princess, and the back of the head of my longtime friend from england, the soccer coach who was hard set on getting a picture of me blowing my candles, so we did it three times!

Other than that, I just realized that without using names, it would be hard to describe everyone. There also are no known bloggers in the pictures I posted here, Spin and Hippy were there, and with their permission, I will be glad to post some of their pictures.

Let me know if that is a fair answer Mystic.

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home