Sunday, September 18, 2005

The Night

I visited with some friends tonight in the north part of the county and was treated to a great night on my drive back home. The moon is clear and full and the road was illuminated by it. It was lovely. Then I took some time to go to the beach and check things out. I don't do this often enough given that it is so close by. The surf was all bright and white, lit up by the moon and the waves in the harbour had that scintillating quality that made it almost magical. The tide is at its highest and there still are huge waves out at sea from the weather earlier this week. The local surfers have said that it was the best surf in years. It felt good to see our large rock under the moon, without anyone else around. Usually there are loads of people around on our little beach and having it all to my self was great. I could not stay as long as I would have liked because it was actually pretty cold.

Tomorrow I go to one of the Spin Doctor's night. We have Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings. It should be a great show, very funky. I can't wait. Maybe we'll go see another friend play in the afternoon too, and go to dinner. That should make it a busy day.

Today I worked out a lot this morning and cleaned the house, surfed the web a bit and then went to my friend. I tried to go to a couple of stores but they were all closed by 5. The joy of the small town. I love it, but sometimes not so much!

I'll give you a report on Sharon after the show.

3 Comments:

Blogger HistoryGeek said...

I saw the moon last night too. It was absolutely lunar (I was about to write stellar, but realized that wasn't quite right...).

5:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like the good life to me.

2:12 PM  
Blogger P'tit-Loup said...

Yeah, Very rough!

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home