Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Long day

Today was long and difficult. Starting with a problem with a client that took most of the day to resolve, with only mixed success, and we will revisit tomorrow. I also was told by my supervisor that he can always tell when I am frustrated! Not a good thing in my line of work, although there is something to say about being bluntly honest I guess. To top it off, I had a meeting with a local organization that went on for two hours, because everyone talks on top of each other. I was getting very frustrated as we could have been done in a lot less time. The group, with the exception of one woman, are all little old biddy that want everything done their own way and cannot listen to one another. And I am supposed to lead this group. Argh! However, despite it all we did get something accomplished, so I should not feel to bad.

I did get a breath of fresh air with an e-mail from the Pro, a new friend from Czech Republic. It was good to hear from him and to know he is doing well and maybe coming to visit. That would be fun.

I have been looking at the new picture I put up in my profile space, and although I love this picture, the size does not do it justice. The moon is invisible and I may have to get a new one that looks better in the small format.

2 Comments:

Blogger HistoryGeek said...

I think it's okay to show your are frustrated at times, even to your clients, if you can be clear about what's making you frustrated without making it punishing to them. Sometimes it's helpful to hear from someone else that, "I'm frustrated because it seems like we make a plan, and something always seems to get in the way of it."

Meetings are a different beast altogether...don't get me started.

11:28 AM  
Blogger P'tit-Loup said...

That's true, as far as being genuine when frustrated while still remaining supportive, but in this case I still want to show less frustration than I am experiencing, because I am very frustrated! We do use that particular meeting to vent, and hopefully that is why I came out strong. The boss is funny though, and he is a good supervisor. I marvel at how cool and collected he usually is.

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home