Sunday, August 14, 2005

I broke down

I bought an i-pod. I have loaded tons of good tunes already and am enjoying it immensely. I am trying to reward myself to get up the courage to take my next test towards licencing. I have been studying some but not enough yet. (I am reminded of Strider's words in Lork of the Ring "Are you frightened? well you are not frightened enough yet!) Spinsterwitch and Hippychick know what I mean. I need a lot of comforting to get myself to the point where I will take that sucker!!

I had a great day driving up to Big Sur for a book signing at the Henry Miller Library. It was lots of fun to see old friends and to meet new ones. We then had dinner at the Deetjen's Big Sur Inn where I feasted on pasta with fresh tomatoes and mushrooms sauce. Yummy! The drive back home was great, with good music on the stereo and a glorious sundown, not sunset (still sitting out the fog) but the moon getting close to full did look great over the ocean as I drove down highway one, and the traffic coming back was a lot better than getting there with all the tourist who drive 20 miles an hour and break at each turns!!! I can't wait to read my friend's book, which portrays several folks I know from my times as a hippy in Big Sur. Still feeling the effects of a little too much wine, I think I will turn in soon.

3 Comments:

Blogger HistoryGeek said...

O! I want an I-pod so much. But I feel like I've been hemmoraging money with the new practice. That will be my next purchase, though, since I just got my lovely digital camera.

Look for my e-mail!

8:34 PM  
Blogger HistoryGeek said...

Oh, and the second test...I think you will do just fine - although I recognize that tonight might not be a good night for me to speak coherently about anything (see the e-mail).

8:36 PM  
Blogger P'tit-Loup said...

Thanks, it still scares the shit out of me, so much so that I have not scheduled a test time yet. Instead I am putsing online and learning Czech! Silly creature I am.

10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home