Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Always something new

Well today I gave the Christian at work something to talk about. As a new duty at work, I started today to lead the all-staff meeting and the topic today was the dress code. To make a point and also because I am a closet actress, I dressed the part of what our employees should not do to go work with their clients. (Some of which have serious traumas and severe behaviours). I wore a tank top (the shelf bra kind) a very short beach skirt and some flip-flop high heels that I barely can walk in to complete the ensemble. I did get a lot of giggles since as a supervisor, I usually dress less casually, although I do wear this outfit when on vacation somewhere warm enough. It was fun, but I did feel uncomfortable at work wearing that. Then I was wondering why that was, since I am not usually easily uncomfortable or shy. I guess the austere atmosphere is catching on to me. It may be time to move on when I notice that I considerably alter my natural inclination to "fit in" the work place. This must be the theme of the day as I also read Spinsterwitch's post for the day too. I hate censoring myself too. Although, in my line of work, I have to do a fair share of that. A friend used to say that speaking without swearing is like eating unspiced food. I like that saying and I love to cuss too. But at work, I have to titrate my tirades (ha ha, an alliteration) to please all of the sensitive ears that surrounds me. Thank goodness the closest workers are ok with it. I even have now heard my boss cuss a few time when referring to some of our community partners who insist on seeing our clients in a very negative light. I love that we are influencing him to come to the dark side!

1 Comments:

Blogger HistoryGeek said...

You know that you are just Satan's Handmaiden, don't you?

Embrace the darkside of the force, young Luke!

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home