Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Fun times

Whew, I don't post half as much as I would like too it seems. There are always some tasks to be done that take me away from those I enjoy, like work! I have had a number of very domesticated dreams lately. One night I dreamt I was preparing my traditional Thanksgiving feast, only to find that I did not have the right mushrooms, no chestnuts and a host of other things were going wrong, like the huge turkey was not yet in the oven when the guests arrived! Since half or more of the guests are vegetarian, I don't know why I was so stressed about it in my dream! Another night in the same week, I was doing laundry and there was some major catastrophe with that as well, although I do not remember what. It sent me analysing myself and I find it a good methaphor for how I have been feeling penned in my role at this time of my life. I know I mentioned somewhere else that I am at a crux in my life having spent 25 years in my native land of Canada and another 25 here in the states. Any suggestions as what other meanings these dreams may have?

On another note, this week-end was rather fun, spending one day with the daughter listening to a group that called themselves "the worst in the world." They were not that bad, but really funny. We also had a celebration with all of the folks from our trip last month. It was great to see almost everyone and to hear them sing one more time. We had a huge bar-b-que and shared some pictures. It was great to reminisce too and to hear from many folks involved that they also felt their experience was life altering. We planned many other get together and I hope that we do stay in touch.

I top the week-end by taking the pager for a week. I always dislike doing this because of the added stress. I find my work stressful enough, but to be on-call just takes it to a new dimension that makes me bristle. At least we now can take it for three or four day at a time. We used to have to do a whole week, and I would not do well with that. Monday morning came and I was ready to blow a gasket. I guess there is progress. I am also saddened that one of my co-workers has decided to move on in about three months. I appreciate the long warning time which will allow us to prepare, but at the same time, I will be very sad to see her go as she was a great fit for our agency. =(

Well I will see what the week brings next. No plans, no great concert, not much to look forward to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home