Sunday, August 28, 2005

Musings

Went dancing Friday night it was the last concert in the plaza for this summer. The band was very good and it was packed! Ran into lots of friends as is usually the case at those concert and expanded lots of energy to release the tension of the week. It was great. Also consumed my share of beers which is part of the tradition.

I always marvel at a crowd of dancers. It is not unlike the ocean at the beach. Our own movements slightly altered by the movements of others. The crowd parts to let a newcomer get intergrated. At times, I am surrounded by friends, next moment the crowd separates me from them. For a while I am with a group, then without. All the while being carried by the rhytm of the songs, the beat of the drum, the pulse of the bass, the charm of the voice. Simply lovely.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bonjour mon amie! :) I had forgotten you had a block so I spent the last little while catching up, now you are bookmarked and on my list to check weekly! I really like getting to know my friends better this way and hearing your thoughts and likes/dislikes and connecting in a way that we don't usually get to do. I was loving picturing you showing up at work in that getup, how brave! :) Also, in case noone told you yet,
"should i stay or should i go" is the Clash. And I am so with you on the Pink Floyd song, that lady can belt it out like nobody's business! In the show vein I'm excited b/c Lori and I are not only going to get to see the Rolling Stones for the first (and probably last) time in November (yes it will be cold and rainy and it's outdoors at SBC Park but still...) but the opening band is Metallica! SO excited! Anyway have been busy a lot lately but things are starting to calm down somewhat only to get busy again in a few weeks when my parents come to town for a week. Wish me luck. Sending you and the Kid and the Hub lots of love :)
luv,
Hippy Chick

8:02 PM  
Blogger P'tit-Loup said...

Great to hear from you and thanks for the info on the Clash. I love that song! Rolliing Stones hey? You are now a real Hippy Chick, no doubt about it. I also just learned that the woman on the Pink Floyd album is white, I always thought she was Black, funny how my mind still make assumptions like that. See you soon.

8:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

very poetic in your writing, i like it.

ps please check out my reply to your comment on working women in the 50's

6:26 AM  
Blogger HistoryGeek said...

OOOOO! I love to dance. Why have we never gone dancing together? Or have we, but just never in your town?

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home