Saturday, August 27, 2005

Tag i'm it

Tag sounds like fun, although I do not know many other bloggers, but I will at least try to tag a few that have responded in the past.

"List five songs that you are currently digging - it doesn't matter what genre they are from, whether they have words, or even if they're not any good, but they must be songs you're really enjoying right now. Post these instructions and the five songs (with artist) in your blog. Then tag five people to see what they're listening to."

So many to chose from! I guess I will have to go with what I am listening to this week, or maybe even today.

#1 is "Anabelle," by the Dukhs. They are a canadian group from Alberta (or is it Manitoba?) They perform a lot of very traditional songs from quebec and canada, a sorta Celtish style to their music. I just love this particular song about mourning.

#2 would be "Promeny," (which means Transformations) by Czechomor, a recent discovery for me since going to Czech Republic. Can't be found in the US yet, but those lucky ones on the other side of the Atlantic may be able to find them. They are fantastic and are trying to come to the US soon. They also have a Celtish type of music and this piece features their female singer. She is awesome.

#3 I'd have to revert to an old favorite: "I'm feeling Good," by Nina Simone. It is about a slave being freed and is just beautiful. In a spin class a while ago the instructor used it for the hardest workout of the day. It made the strenous "climb" very easy as I truly get lost in that song, it is fantastic.

#4 I choose "It's my Culture" by Crown City Rocker. This is an amazing Hip-Hop group that graces my little town with their presence periodically. Their CD is a must, and I've listened to it a lot this week.

#5 Last but not least "The great gig in the Sky" from Pink Floyd's Dark side of the Moon. I have always enjoyed that one and recently rebought the album as I was missing it. I would just love to be able to belt out one like that; unfortunately, a singer I am not.

mr_mystic
daisy mae
zen
flash

6 Comments:

Blogger HistoryGeek said...

"It's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new life for me...and I'm feeling a good!"

Gotta love Nina!

I'm off to San Diego. I'm thinking about Thanksgiving...if I come down, it may only be for thursday and driving back on friday. I'll keep you posted.

7:51 AM  
Blogger P'tit-Loup said...

That would be great!

12:34 PM  
Blogger Groofkid said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:43 PM  
Blogger Groofkid said...

Yo! Thanks for tagging me. You have a nice blog here, keep it up!!

6:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the visit P'tit. I used to visit you regularly but for the longest time you did not post anything I sort of gave up. Glad to see you're in business again. I guess I'm tagged.

6:46 PM  
Blogger Flash said...

I will get round to doing mine soon, promise!

Also, you should really check out Muse's version of "Feeling good", it's blistering!

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home