Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Strawberry!

What to say but how much fun we had. With one exception is that the Hubby had a little (make that a way lot) to drink one night and was feeling quite poorly the next day!

We started by driving to Yosemite, a 6-7 hour ride from our home at 2 in the morning, after the Hubby's radio show and it was beautiful. We saw a sliver of the moon rise up over Orion, and witnessed a glorious sunrise as we reached the mountains. What a great way to start our journey. We met our friends at the old campsite, and saw many other friends from our area who were also arriving. Throughout the event, the sky was cribbled with stars, and the milky way rended the ink black above with its lovely sinewy tail. Several shooting stars went by leaving me with many wishes to make! All of this to the incredible sounds of many fabulous artists. My favorites were definitely Bela Fleck, Stanley Clark and Jean-Luc Ponty playing together, and the Duhks. But Greg Brown, Devil Makes Three, Steve Earle, Brian Joseph, Paul Thorn and more and more, certainly contributed to a great week-end. Add to that the company of some dear friends, good food, some libations of all kinds, a killer (almost literaly) bike ride trying to follow my friend who is in a much better shape than I am, swims in the lake, hot and sunny days (yes, there is some color on my skin! Amazing! Those who have not seen me, I usually am "pale blue"), lime popsickle dipped in chocolate, two amazing kids to hang out with, a hammock to while away the time that is not filled with other activities and which gives you a chance to recuperate a bit.

Wow such fun!

Now I will take a break from blogging for the coming week as I prepare for a big test next Monday morning. I will let you know then if it is unfeathered joy at being done, or utter sadness at having to do it all over again in six months!

2 Comments:

Blogger HistoryGeek said...

I will keep my fingers crossed for you, my dear. It sounds like it was a great time!

3:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am also sending you some test-passing goodvibes. Glad you had fun and try not to worry too much about the test, you'll be fine! Please let me know how it goes and don't forget to breathe ;)
luv,
HippyChick

1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home