Monday, September 12, 2005

Woohoo! I made it!

Amazingly enough, I drove up late yesterday afternoon and spent the night in a hotel as the last effort to get ready for my test this morning. I studied for a couple of hours and then went to bed. This morning I got up exercised in the hotel small fitness room and took off for my test. I could not believe it. The test actually felt easy! I thought I would have a lot of trouble finding the right answer as all of the practice questions I used were very challenging. But low and behold (I'm not sure if it's the right spelling)I actually knew the answers! I guess close to a year of practicing vignette with my good friend paid off. I had 18 of 30 questions done in 30 minutes. Then the last two segment of the test were a little tougher, but when I went back to check the answers I had picked on them, I was very sure my choices were the right ones. So here you have it. I am now officially licensed to practice in the state of California. The scary part is that I feel no more confident or certain of anything, other than I am good at taking tests! Ha Ha! Which confirms my suspicion that the test is not the best, but an attempt at making sure that folks in this field know something. Although I know of very good clinicians who have not passed after several attempts and of terrible clinicians who have passed on their first try. So, I beg the question: "I am one of the latest?" And while I recognize that I have some skill, and a decent amount of intelligence, and a good dose of common sense, I still wonder if all of those qualities are obvious to the rest of the world. At least I believe it is true to those who are my friends out there. Thanks for all the encouragement and support to all who offered it. It felt great (and continues to do so!)

5 Comments:

Blogger HistoryGeek said...

Yay for you. And, okay, stop the questioning - you are a great social worker (or your agency wouldn't be bending over backward to keep you).

8:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Congrats I'm always happy to hear when someone is feeling good about themselves

4:55 PM  
Blogger P'tit-Loup said...

Thanks guys!

8:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! You GO girlfriend!
luv,
hippychick

4:37 PM  
Blogger P'tit-Loup said...

Thanks Hippie chick! I know you could appreciate that! XOXOXO

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home