Thursday, October 06, 2005

Music


Violoncello, Eisenstad, Austria.

As I was driving to my client today, I was listening to "Cold Heat" a compilation of funk music that is fantastic that was given to me by the Spin Doctor. By the way he is now a daddy and I venture to say a proud one! Anyway, as I drove up to my out of the way client's home, I was thinking how there is so much music in this world that we should have a thousand ears to be able to hear at least some of each style that is out there in the world.

Right now I am listening to the soundtrack of "Garden State" which I just got earlier this week. I like it quite a bit. I also want to make a copy of the Ry Cooder CD "Chavez Ravine" which is also excellent.

Lately, I have been feeling lonely, even though my job and my life include many folks. It is an inner feeling and I am unsure what it is all about truly. It reminds me of the line of a very old favorite song from a singer from Quebec "solitaire dans la foule come en foret" which means: alone in a crowd like in a forest. Maybe it's fall, maybe it's age, maybe it's the routine of life that weighs on me every now and then, maybe it is goals accomplished and the need for a new one. Maybe it is frustration from my coupled life that accumulates with the years and do not always get resolved to my liking. I think of Spinsterwitch post of yesterday and question on love. I guess love has so many different facets, it is so hard to define, let alone live with, or express in daily life. I think of all of the friends that I have scattered throughout the world, some of which I am in close contact regularly thanks to e-mail, others who have fallen by the wayside and that I have no hope of getting close to again despite the road of life that we shared for sometimes. I think also of all of the friends that I have turned away from, for whatever reason, and what has become of them? Some I know have died, and some I could not find even if I went looking. It leaves me confused, and blue-sy on this Thursday night. Oh well tomorrow is another day, and the week-end, a three day one for me, promises to be fun with a trip to see some great friends with the Kid in tow. A break in the routine, I always love that!

Sorry to be so down tonight, but got to write what is there in my head and heart.

1 Comments:

Blogger HistoryGeek said...

Hey, I missed a lot...how did that happen.

Sorry you've been feeling down. I had a hard yesterday - therapy day (my own that is) which is always emotionally draining.

I love that picture by the way.

Okay this is turning out to be a random comment morning I can see that. Still I hope you have a good weekend, and we'll be seeing you at your party next weekend!

Yay!

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home