Monday, September 26, 2005

Mish-Mosh

Yes, picking a title seems to be a weakness of mine!

I want to start tonight by stating that I came home to witness one of the most spectacular sunsets I have seen in a while. As I pulled up to my house the sun was setting at the end of my street, the sky was completely orange and the ocean was shimering in the fading light. Beautiful! Then the sun went down behind a pillowy bluish fog and until it was a sliver and then dissapeared. That is when I remember why I live here and not in other places despite all that attracts me in other lands and cities.

Then I received in the mail an early birthday gift from my brother. He sent me a lovely guide to Prague in French (that is my original language). All the pictures and stories brought back memories from this summer and my longing for that charming city. I will return there for sure.

Then I watched one of my favorite shows on the tube "Arrested Development." I find it hilarious. It's about a family of scammers and misfits who somehow manage to be quite wealthy. The father is accused of conspiring with Saddam Hussein, cut to a picture of him shaking hands with Saddam incriminating him. The father states that a photo like that can ruin a man's career. Then the camera cuts to another picture of Rumsfeld shaking hands with Hussein and the narrator comments: "or not." I loved it!

A recap from work today. I am on-call and another worker is just really wierd. Well that's nothing new. What is wierd is that tonight she was in contact with a client, and made arrangements to have some support in the home for the family, but then called me back saying that she could not call the family and needed me to relay some messages back and forth. She said her phone was out of juice, but she still received my messages. I don't know what was going on there and the client's story did not match what the other worker story. This is a person who has huge problems talking to others and will usually leave a text message rather than call folks directly. Yes good communications are us! How can you want to be in this line of work if you cannot communicate!!! Oh well, it all got resolved in the end and I spent a while talking to the client and reassuring her, since she was on the frantic side with a situation. I have no problem talking with clients and hearing their side and bringing them back to the reality of what can be done at the moment. That is a lot of what the on-call work consist of, and I find that I am pretty good at that.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:46 PM  
Blogger Manuel Ceja said...

I agree today's sunset was beautiful.

It seems we were both observing the same sky - I on my daily run, and you at the end of your work day.

I just stumbelled on your site by accident. have a great day!

9:49 PM  
Blogger HistoryGeek said...

How lovely! And how weird with your co-worker.

8:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that IS really weird! glad you had the sunset to make things better :)
thanks also for your encouragement re blogworld! are you getting excited for your milestone bday?
luv,
hippychick

9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok sunset over. Now the stars.

8:06 PM  
Blogger P'tit-Loup said...

Thanks to all for comments. Yes I will send invites for the big bash!

8:40 PM  
Blogger P'tit-Loup said...

Thanks to all for comments. Yes I will send invites for the big bash!

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home