Friday, September 23, 2005

Sharon Jones

I realize I never posted my comment on her performance. In a nutshell, she is a genius! Her performance was out of this world. That woman exhudes energy like you would not believe. She had a drummer with a very minimalist drum set (a snair, a bass, a cymbal and a high hat), a bass player, a guitar, a tenor sax, and alto sax and a trumpet. Did they rock. She is a very small woman, about two inches shorter than me as she wore three-inch heels, and can move and holler like nobody's business. She brought folks on stage to dance with her several time during the show. The band was so tight, she would tap her foot every now and again when she got bored with a tempo and they would just speed right up with her, or slow down to whatever she wanted. The Hubby danced like I've never seen him; he got all drenched. We had a blast. At the end of the show, she came of stage and I went to tell her how great she was. As I approached she gave me a great big hug and planted a huge kiss on me! What a gal! That was a good time. Again, lots of locals were in attendance and all seem very happy to be there.

Tonight I had sushi with the Kid, who is doing ok and as usual as a lot to do. The Hubby will be busy all week-end with a classical guitar festival. I may try to catch some of the shows, but I might also take it pretty easy.

2 Comments:

Blogger HistoryGeek said...

Green Day tonight with HippyChick and BeeDragon!

1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I love to hear about people enjoying music and having fun.

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home