Friday, October 14, 2005

AAARRRGGGHHH!

So last summer I finally broke down and bought an Ipod. I love the device and have listened to it several hours a day at work and home. It's great. HOWEVER! I am having a problem with my computer not accepting I Tune. I have tried to clean it, reinstall, uninstall, reboot, etc., etc., etc. Nothing is letting it work. The last thing I have to do is to reinstall all of my system, plus reinstall service pack 2 through a serie of downloads that took about 4 hours the first time around. Not looking forward to wasting another day on this. I am so frustrated. And last night, the computer erased all of the music that I had stored on the pod, I thought I had a breakthrough, but nooooo, same old shit! AAARRRGGHHH!

Oh well, on a good note, I have this mondo party tomorrow night and went to get tons of food and libation in preparation for the event. I will make a veggie lasagna, a spicy cornbread, a huge salad, chips and dips, crakers and cheeses; the Hubby will bar-b-que some chicken, shrimps and sausages; and the Kid will make a grilled veggies salad. The guest should also bring stuff and I know some bread and cakes are coming. Other than that it will be pretty open. I bought a bottle of Patron tequilla, a large bottle of Saphire Bombay Gin, that will make some of my friends who always laugh at the "little" (normal size) bottles I usually buy, some wine and beer. If there is alcohol leftover, I know it won't go to waste with the holidays coming up, and we can always freeze leftover food, if there is any. It should be a lot of fun!

For the music we will have to rely on the Kid's ipod, as mine is now cleaned out, unless some guests want to venture in our CD collection. It should be lots of fun!
Spin and HippyChick should be coming down, as well ShotGun from our euro trip, folks from work and the Hubby's work and ouf!, lots of folks, kids, it'll be great.

5 Comments:

Blogger P'tit-Loup said...

Pray tell, where is showmoah?

lrwavk: n. f. a small wave lapping on the shores of a creek.

1:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great party p'tit-loup! Bee Dragon and I and Spin of course had a wonderful time. Before we left we drove over to the Rock and checked out the beautiful surf, it was a gorgeous morning. Thanks again for turning 50 and giving us an excuse to come down and see you! Two weekend in a row, I'm spoiled :)
luv,
Hippy Chick

4:04 PM  
Blogger HistoryGeek said...

It was a great party, and as always everyone was well fed and had plenty of libations. It's a mark of a solid party where there can be such a diverse group with a wide age range and everyone is visibly having a great time.

9:14 AM  
Blogger P'tit-Loup said...

Thanks guys, I had a great time and it would not have been the same without you!

Can't resist, Nabzodz: Naboo fanatics from star wars!

12:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great party and good luck with iTunes!

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home