Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Birthday Presents


Since I have no idea of what to post, I thought I would write up a list of present I got for my birthday. I thought about doing that a while ago, but now seems just right.

A lovely painting from Spin
A hippy scarf from Hippy Chick
A pouch of make up and tea to cure the hangover resulting from the party from Boobsy
A bowl, silly fuzzy flowers, and a magnet of a friend's painting from Glamorous
A lava lamp from the Sailor Chick
A planter with Ivy from neighbors to the right
A bottle of wine from neighbors to the left
A painting from Belgian Artist
A small sequined shoe from the Author
Two books "Unbelievably good deals and great adventures that you absolutely can't get unless you're over 50" and "Ageless body, timeless mind" from the Army Brats
A pottery candle holder from the Balerina's family
A bottle of Hendricks Gin from the Martiny buddies
A bracelet, two tablets of Dark chocolate, and a little box from Hippy at Heart
Several Tintin books from the Best Friend
A handmade beaded necklace from the TieDie Queen
A bottle of Bailey and one of Kalua from the Sound Man
A bottle of Chandon Champagne from the Librarian and his Wife
A bottle of Heredad Segura Vieda Champagne from "the Girls"
A shot glass, and a jewelry box from the Hubby
A bag of tricks with balloons, Horns and a Shoot a boss game from the Kid
A handmade necklace from the Sis
A roaster and meat forks from the Gals at Work!

Woah! I think that's it. Overwhelming Hey! I don't remember being so spoiled for my birthday! I guess it pays to get old.

Well at work we have accreditation on thursday and everyone is freaking out as we have countless numbers of files to update. I guess some folks are starting to crack from the stress, including the big boss who apparently became unglued at someone today. Luckily I was out at the time. I have low tolerance for that kind of behavior. Especially when the folks doing it do not believe they should appologize for their outbursts. Anyway I hope nothing nasty comes of it as the person who received the invectivation is not someone who I picture tolerating it quietly. I will let you know I anything develops from it.

3 Comments:

Blogger HistoryGeek said...

Wow, that is quite the list of presents. It was great fun to watch you open them all.

5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tintin, My wife loves Tintin.

4:54 PM  
Blogger P'tit-Loup said...

I love tintin too! I grew up reading these books and it made me curious about the world, influenced my desire to travel, and to learn about other cultures. Yeah Tintin. Of course the two first books were banned for several decades as they were immensely discriminatory. Tintin in the Congo, published in 1930, (I have a reprint version) portrayed the native population of the country as very ingnorant, and the original. Tintin in the land of the Soviet, published in 1936, was very critical of the communist world, and made many statements that the communist movement was deceiving the people. America's current prez would love to use it to influence young minds, I'm sure.

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home