Saturday, November 12, 2005

Week in and week out and week-end!

Thanks to the war veterans we get an extra long week-end that started yesterday. I am grateful for the day off, but I am unsure of what I think of the reason for the holiday. I somehow cannot think that being willing to go kill other folks, for whatever reason, is such a great thing. I always thought, simplistically, that if no one volunteered to go to war on any sides, then there would be no war. I know, how naive! But that is where my heart stands in the matter.

Here I am listening to the Duhks, my favorite group as I write. It has been a busy week-end so far. I started by going dancing with friends from work on Thursday night. We went to two bars, after a lavish sushi dinner. The first bar had some friends' boyfriends' band, and they were ok, but not great and we left for the ever popular Mother's Tavern who advertize their "live DJ" with great pride. How oximoronish can that term get? How far from live music is a DJ and would you want a dead DJ? I think not. Anyways, we had fun dancing at both venues. Straight and Narrow had forgoten is ID and Cutie Girl used her fresh stamp from the bouncer and "stamped" him. He was so worried he would get busted. We were all laughing. The music was funny because they had lots of Madonna and Prince. What a flashback! We had a good time. On the way home I saw the huge, reddish, setting moon, and tons of stars. The night sky was stunning.

Yesterday I had and oil change and while I waited for the car, spent a good deal of time composing a very short message in czech for my friend who lives there. I also wrote a letter to another friend the Artist, from Quebec. Then I did some shopping, but did not buy anything. At home, I printed a bunch of pictures to send to the Artist along with the letter. Later, the hubby and I went to Blue, a very nice bar to see "Kravitz" from our summer trip perform. They were very good. They had a bass, guitar, sax, voice, and drums. the place was full and other friends from the trip were there.

Today, I worked out, watched some tennis, wrote up captions on the photogradphs I am sending to the Artist. Then we went to see "Christmas in the Clouds," which is very sweet. Sort of a modern American Indian "Much Ado About Nothing." One of the secondary character and narrator is a local man, and he did a very good job. Graham Greene is very funny as the vegetarian chef.

Then tonight there is supposed to be a very good band in Los Osos with a Brazilian musician, which I might still go see.

Tomorrow I have some cleaning to do. God I hate cleaning! Who will invente a self-cleaning house? I'll gladly become their slave! (Well maybe not, because then they are sure to make me clean something!) I also would like to get my computer set up to have Itunes which is still not getting installed right.

Photo of the Duhks in action at the "Quack off" at Strawberry last September.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Duhks look like they're having fun.

I don't think your Idea about refusing to fight is naive. I think its noble. I do agree that its not likely to happen but the Idea is great.

12:07 PM  
Blogger P'tit-Loup said...

Thanks, Mystic. And the Duhks are a very fun band from Manitoba. Check them out if they come your way.

4:12 PM  
Blogger HistoryGeek said...

I haven't heard about that movie, but a Native American movie...I'm definitely going.

I'll have to call you in a few days or so to firm up plans for Thanksgiving.

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home