Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Silly Question

Spin is well acquainted with my challenges with computers. Although I am somewhat functional, I also have moments where the darn things drive me batty and I can't get them to do what I want. So this is a plea to all of those out there who are expert in blogland and who feel so inclined to lend me a hand. Some folks state that they can find out who has visited their sites and where in the world the visitors are from. How do you do that? I have a blog counter, but I can't see how to get info on who visits, only the end number of hits. Can anyone enlighten me?

Zatím (čech for: meanwhile) I continue to plan my trip to Quebec, which is getting more and more interesting. My nephew called on christmas to ask if we could all meet in montreal one nigth to have dinner as he won't be able to come up to my sister's home since he returns to vancouver on the first. So now I try to coordinate this from california, and I can sense that my sis is not too please that I should hook up with anyone else, and that this diversion will keep some folks from coming to her home. Mind you, she did not say that, but the way she said, "well do what you want, it'll be fine." (Read between the lines: your poor, abandonned sister will manage).


Cayaking in Morro Bay



Well Ok, two martinis later, remember, my "petit choux" ( a variation on Flash's greeting, instead of peas, you have all been upgraded to the status of brussel sprouts!) I drink today as I was on-call for my agency for the christmas week-end, and since the Hubby gave me some lovely Martiny glasses for a present, I must now christen them by drinking some lovely martinies made of the delicious Hendricks Gin graciously given to me by the Base Man on my birthday. That stuff is wicked! Anyway, I have spent most of the night speaking french to: my nephew, my brother, and this sweet hotel desk clerk, Abdul, as I arrange the final details of my trip and the first day being in Montreal. The hotel will be next to my bro's home and was quite expensive in Canadian dollars, but not so bad in american (Haha, a running joke with some of my canadian friends). I will keep you all posted if I can, otherwise I will post back when I return home on the 10th of January.

Here at home, we are all preparing to get seriously cold and purchasing warm clothing and boots as we do not need them in this balmy central california weather. I hope we get to snowboard, cross-country sky and slide down big hills in lots of beautiful snow! We leave Thursday afternoon, and if I can find a connected computer, I will give you all updates, and post lots of pictures! (Please remember to answer the question that started this post!, thanks!)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry i can't help you this one but I think Spin will be able to. I hope your trip to Montreal is magnifique and that ta souer (is that right? it's been awhile) won't drive you too crazy! thanks also for the lovely holiday card :) Looking forward to seeing you in 2006!

11:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suppose it would depend on what meter you were using.

I use Site meter, www.sitemeter.com

Site meter tells me who came to my site, when and where from. But usually the site you use should have an FAQ section. You could always change your meter host. Mine is also free.

12:39 PM  
Blogger P'tit-Loup said...

Thanks Mystic, I am writing from Montreal from a charming Auberge of which I will post pictures when I get home.

1:15 PM  
Blogger HistoryGeek said...

I kept my site meter and started getting stats through www.statscounter.com

That's worked out okay for me. My biggest challenge is to make sure whatever computer I'm sitting at is not included in the stats - or I look much more popular than I am!

Is Montreal lovely and snowy?

7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Montreal Brrrrrrrr.

Hey, P'tit remember I said I saw a trip for you before the years end? Who would have thought Montreal? I guess we will bring the New Year in at the same time.

Happy New Year

11:39 AM  
Blogger Karla said...

I too use Site Meter. The free version is quite nice and was easy to install. The main things to know after the fact are that the free version only keeps 100 visits in memory for you to look at, and that the location and length of visit are not always accurate. Location can be way off depending on how the visitor's ISP handles things (mine doesn't even show up as anything identifiable), and length of visit will show as 0 unless they go off the page and back again. But it is useful. You can click on the SiteMeter icon at the bottom of my page and take a look around.

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home