Sunday, February 26, 2006

Good times, Good times

I had a very fun week-end. The Kid and I repainted the bathroom to make it more cheerful. You can see the fruit of our labor in the pictures.


I have been wanting to do that for some time, but never got around to it, so when the Kid asked on Saturday, we rushed to the paint store and got started. The Hubby was hard at work with a Jazz band festival all day so the Kid and I got few interuptions wich was great. I must say I am very proud of the look. Now we have to get some white towels (Yikes! did that word get out of my keyboard? White as in white that needs bleach? In my less than pristine house?
We'll have to see about that.) to make it even better and a new little cabinet kinda thing to put above the toilet to put our various conconctions of "beautifying agents." We just have a mess of various stuff that we probably ought to chuck right into the trash, but all the women out there will know what I mean. Maybe I'll use this again, and hoo, this little container is so cool! I feel like Cathy of the comic strip, but we do get lots of stuff.


Also we had a blast going hot tubbing with Brown Girl. We talked for the longest time and could have spent three hours in that tub yakking and enjoying champagne. It was a lot of fun. She is such an uplifting woman that even when we kvetch, we laugh out loud about everything. I just love her. I was going to take pictures of us in the hot tub as it was raining and we brought our umbrellas in case we got a downpour, but we did not need them the tree canopy kept our heads dry.

Thursday I went to dinner and dancing with friends from work. We had sushi and a sushi virgin came with us, but really enjoyed the food. The whole town was frantic because of the "Tour de California" that stop in our town. It was a big cycling event and lots of folks were there to see the riders. They were showing the broadcast on this giant screen while we were dancing, it was sorta wild. This very cute young woman that dances with us was getting hit on by all kinds of weird guys as usual and we just shooed them away when they got too agressive. I always laugh when a twenty something guy tries to come on to me. The big surprise was that one of our co-worker who has been out on leave due to a knee surgery came out dancing with us. She is very much the shy christian girl, or at least that is what we all thought and thursday she was all out of control, dancing with all of these guys and shaking some serious booty! We all laughed so hard, it was lots of fun. I'll see if I can get the picture someone got from her on their cell phone and post it here. She always seem so shy, it was great to see this change of character for her.

Unfortunately, I go back to work tomorrow, I sorta got used to those three day week-ends! Right now it is raining and that is great. We are supposed to get some thunderstorm! I just love those!

3 Comments:

Blogger HistoryGeek said...

The bathroom looks fabulous! You could always go for black towels as that would work well with the shower curtain.

Except for at parties, I've never been out dancing with you. We really should go sometime when I'm down there.

It's raining here, too, making it exceptionally hard to get out of bed.

9:38 AM  
Blogger LB said...

funky bathroom!!!! White towels are a beggar to keep clean, so think carefully about that...

11:30 AM  
Blogger P'tit-Loup said...

I know, and I'll admit I am not the cleanest person around! So they would be "dark" white!

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home