Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Amazing Moon

Yesterday, as I was leaving work, I was treated to a wonderful sight. The full moon was rising over the hills that surround the small town of San Luis Obispo. The sky was mostly clear, but a few clouds rested softly over the hills directly under the moon and reflected the organge glow from the huge disk as it rose into the night sky. It was breathtaking.

Tonigh, I got a good laugh watching the daily show. Stewart was interviewing a man who wrote a book called "Misinterpreting Jesus" about how over the years and centuries, thousands of scribes, either purposefully or by mistake, have altered the words of the original bible. The man was very interesting and Stewart actually did a very serious interview, but he concluded by saying "that was a hell of a book." Whether it was planned or not, it sure gave me a good heartfelt laugh.

This Friday, I will go see a show from a group from Montreal that is performing right here in our little town. They are Theatre Sans Fils and feature large marionnettes (up to six feel tall) that are operated by actors who are litteraly under them. I had seen one of their productions a long time ago, and am delighted to go see them again. It is pledge week for our local PBS station and that was the price for one pledge. So I immediately called and won the tickets. I hope to take the little cutie daughter of my office mate (and my office mate) as well as the Kid who said "ohh it could be a mothers-daughters thing!" Isn't she the cutest!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Every time I hear some story about the Bible I am allways amazed at how much influnce one book has had on humanity.

9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home