Monday, August 14, 2006

Again with the music!

Last night we went to a great concert at the local brewery. It was the Dirty Dozen Brass Band, although there was not 12 of them but 8. They were fantastic and the Hubby and I danced the whole night. It was a great release from all of the stress from the house and work. We are seeing the deadline of 8/31 approach with speed and have still so much to do to be ready to move.

At work I do have a new person who I know will be a quick study. We went to school together and she will be a great addition to the team. I had a very stressful meeting today with one of the families. They were fighting a lot with each other and would not redirect despite several attempts from several team members. I left the meeting exhausted and proceeded to eat some junk, which I have not done for several week. It was very hard to see folks who I know love each other be so mean to one another. I know I also have done this in the past, but I always find discord disturbing (I alliterate!) Then I should have written my documentation but instead I deleted all of the old e-mails that had accumulated on my computer. I had about 1000. I guess I needed to do something mindless as the session took all I had for today.

I am also sad as the Kid leaves this week for North Carolina for the next two years. I know I will see her and talk to her, but I do enjoy having her around. She is a great person. Oh well, I will just have to get on the plane a few more times to go visit, and have her come too. She has been busy getting her new bedroom ready in the new house so she feels like she still is part of the household and she will know what she comes to when she visits. I know she does want that feeling of having a base of operation to return to. Even if it is only for a few weeks when she is done with her studies. She will be 26 then, and probably will not want to live with her folks, I'm sure. I know she will call and write, and we will keep in touch, but we won't have our nights of watching wierd movies and going out with friends. It'll only be for a while. We had the empty nest a while ago when she first left for college, and so this is just a revisiting of the feeling. I don't think it will be as bad this time as the first time.

I now have my own "water pillow." It is a pillow with a pocket inside that holds water. I slept on the kid's pillow while she was away last week and I just loved it, so decided to get one for myself. I know it is a wierd concept, but it is very comfy and I slept more soundly when I was using it, so I recommend them. The Kid worked for a chiropractor for some time this spring and that is where she picked this up. She is a crafty one! Well speaking of which, I should go find that pillow and catch up on my ZZZs. I stayed up too late last night enjoying great music.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for your sympathy about our cat door situation! And please feel mine for your painting problem - I know what you mean about the "aloofness" - the Petsmart people couldn't have cared less about our pain ;)

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home