Monday, July 24, 2006

And the excitement just begins

I have been hyper busy with all of the new house stuff lately and that leaves little time for blogging. Here is a pic of the new P'tit Manor.

It's nothing spectacular, but we are quite pleased. So, for fun this week-end, I blasted an ugly brick planter with a rotary hammer, it's a small jack-hammer. That was hard work, and left me definitely sore and panting!



Next on the demolition block is the ugly kitchen tile.
Complete with pink sink! The bathroom also has pink tiles, but they are so kitch they are cool. And some accent tiles have little turquoise seahorses on them. I will have to include a picture of those too.

Last Wednesday I went dancing to the Sierra Leone Refugee Allstars. They were fantastic. It was packed and very enjoyable. Some friends were the opening act, and they did a very good job. It was a very pleasant evening.

Tomorrow I will get my orientation at the college as a new employee for the class I teach in the fall. It is coming quick and I am getting nervous. I don't know where I will get the time to fit in prepping for a class. Although a lot of the work is already done for me if I want to use some of the previous instructors notes. So it could be relatively painless.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so exciting for you, can't wait to see your kitchy bathroom :)

7:59 AM  
Blogger Karla said...

While I'm not a big fan of this pink, I have certainly seen a lot worse than this kitchen. What kind of tile do you have in mind for it? There are so many beautiful kinds of tile, but unfortunately budget concerns usually limit the choices. Still, even the plainest, most utilitarian tile can be jazzed up nicely with trim or a few decorative tiles.

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home